Junior Designer Menswear
In the past four years, Colourful Rebel has grown from selling a few T-shirts from a bedroom in Amsterdam-West to a lifestyle brand that inspires hundreds of people every day and puts them in fresh new outfits. Colourful Rebel consists of a close-knit team that works with great pleasure on releasing the best on-trend collections and is currently working hard on a breakthrough abroad.
Our team consists of young and ambitious people who enjoy working together in an informal environment. We are dedicated team players with a great sense of responsibility. Besides the hard work, we find it important to have fun together. There is a lot of laughter every day at Colourful Rebel!
We are looking for a driven and structured Junior Menswear Designer with experience in the mid-market. Do you have a passion and a commercial view on fashion? Do you have affinity with denim and our target group? And do you have an excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)? Then this challenging position might be something for you!
As Junior Designer Menswear you support the design team and you are responsible for the development of 4 menswear collections per year. You also support the design team of the ladies department and work on project-based flash collections such as Outerwear, the Denim and Basic Sweat/Jersey package. Next to that you keep track of all collection overviews and you are aware of the sampling and sourcing process. Of course you are aware of the latest trends and you can translate these into a commercial collection within the set deadlines. You work together with the Graphic Designer and the Buying team.
Finally, you give feedback and consult with the Design Manager about certain ideas you have and make proposals for styles, follow-up of bestsellers and new potential successes, in other words; you think along with the success of the company.
- Translating the concept into a commercial and innovative collection, taking into account trends, brand identity and commercial business objective.
- Developing and elaborating 2-D collection, artworks, designs and haberdashery.
- Approval of Labdips, monitoring the sampling process in collaboration with the buying team.
- Keeping track of trends and developments in the mid-segment for Menswear.
- Assist where necessary in the ladies department and develop our denim, outerwear and basic package.
What do we expect from you?
- HBO work and thinking level related to Fashion, AMFI, Artemis, HKU.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop), MAC OS and drawing tablet (WACOM).
- Passion for and knowledge of woven and knitted fabrics, printing techniques, trims and colours.
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in a similar position.
- You are stress resistant, flexible and can switch quickly.
- You are independent, a go-getter, creative and have a positive attitude.
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language orally and in writing.
- Fulltime employment, 5 days a week.
- No 9-5 mentality.
- Knowledge and affinity with Denim and Outerwear is a plus.
What do you get from us?
- Fantastic working environment at our office in Amsterdam.
- Creative and dynamic working atmosphere in a result driven, no-nonsense and young team.
- Competitive salary and no limit to your holidays
- Delicious lunch every day
- Laptop and drawing tablet
- Two dogs and Friday afternoon drinks at the office.
- Start date as per 1st of June.
Are you interested in fulfilling this role with us? Then send an email with your motivation and CV before May 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org stating Junior Designer Menswear and we will contact you as soon as possible.