In the past five years, Colourful Rebel has grown from selling a few T-shirts from a bedroom in Amsterdam-West to a lifestyle brand that inspires hundreds of people every day and puts them in fresh new outfits. Colourful Rebel consists of a close-knit team that works with great pleasure on releasing the best on-trend collections and is currently working hard on a breakthrough abroad.
Our team consists of young and ambitious people who enjoy working together in an informal environment. We are dedicated team players with a great sense of responsibility. Besides the hard work, we find it important to have fun together. There is a lot of laughter every day at Colourful Rebel!
We are looking for a driven and structured Design Manager Women & Men, with extensive knowledge and experience in the mid-market. You understand and breathe the Colourful Rebel brand, have experience managing a team, and extensive knowledge of all product groups. It concerns a temporary replacement due to maternity leave, for a total period of 6 months from mid-May 2021.
As Design Manager you are responsible for developing, monitoring and evaluating the concept, brand and achieving commercial successes throughout the design process. You will report to the Art Director with whom you will talk on a weekly basis. You work closely with the Buying department and are the point of contact for the Sales, Marketing and Styling departments.
- Managing activities within the design team, planning and monitoring deadlines.
- Market orientation by means of trade fairs, shopping trips and professional literature (WGSN) and finding a good translation for the target group.
- Developing a concept and briefing the design team and graphic designer.
- Translating the concept into a commercial and innovative collection, taking into account trends, brand identity and commercial business objectives.
- Giving collection presentations to the MT and sales team.
- Developing and supervising 2-D collections, artworks, designs and haberdashery.
- Developing/selecting colour cards and fabrics.
- Monitoring collection balance Trend v.s. Core, Best v.s. Slowsellers.
- Monitoring and developing the brand identity within all visual expressions (branding, collection, graphics, styling)
- Supervising shoppings, production trips and visits to suppliers (home and abroad).
- Point of contact for other departments regarding design - strategy and development.
- Completed HBO/WO education
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position in our industry.
- Master in Illustrator, Basic knowledge of Excel.
- Broad experience within the mid-market in mainly women's as well as menswear apparel and accessories.
- Structured, helicopter view and able to plan.
- Energetic and driven: challenge seeking in the work.
- Likes to work in a busy and dynamic environment.
What do you get from us?
- Fantastic working environment at our office in Amsterdam.
- Creative and dynamic working atmosphere in a result driven, no-nonsense and young team.
- Competitive salary
- Delicious lunch every day
- Laptop and drawing tablet
Are you interested in fulfilling this role with us? Then send an email with your motivation and CV before 15 March to email@example.com stating Design Manager and we will let you know as soon as possible.